The Niseko Company is the premier accommodation provider in Niseko with an extensive portfolio of the finest luxury chalets in the area. Our company prides itself on providing the highest level of service to our guests and owners alike. The Niseko Company is the Property Management arm of the West Canada group of companies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist the Chief Concierge and work within a diverse and multicultural Concierge Team to provide and maintain premiere concierge services for our guests and property owners alike.
- Guest check in & check out procedures.
- Providing personalized and tailored services when organizing non-accommodation holiday requirements.
- Liaising directly with property owners and guests via email and phone calls.
- Maintain knowledge of suppliers products, services, The Niseko Company properties, current resort events, activities, and hours of operation.
- Update and look after the guest services inbox, responding to initial guest inquiries.
- Process guest services in a timely and accurate mannerincluding sending Guest Services requests and invoices for account settlement.
- Follow up of booking information and final details
- Checking transfer requests and arrival/departure details and ensuring all pre-arrival details are seamless
- Administrating amendments or cancellations
- Effective communicating within and between teams
- Efficient and accurate recording of booking details, and rectifying any errors promptly
- Answering office telephones
- Processing of payments via cash & credit card
- Keeping the office facilities clean and presentable
Chief Concierge who reports to the Reservations Manager and General Manager
- Full time year round employment 5 days/week
- 40hrs/week Green season: Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm with 1hr lunch break
- Winter season: Varying shifts between 8am to 8pm with 1hr lunch break
- Flexibility appreciated during the busy winter season
- Salary: 224,000 - 256,000JPY gross salary per month based on experience and capability
- Probation period: 3 months
- Paid statutory holidays
- Japanese health insurance and pension
- Subsidized lift pass
- Convenient and comfortable staff accommodation available if required
- Native Japanese with strong Conversational/Business level English capability
- Foreign applicants, L1 Japanese Language Proficiency Test with multiple years of experience living in Japan.
- Successful applicant will be mature, passionate, courteous, bright, friendly,dedicated, cool under pressure, eagerto learn, and a team player
- Hotel, travel industry, resort experience in customer service is preferred
- Computer proficiency (word, excel, MS office products)
- Knowledge of the area is a definite plus, but not a requirement
- Japanese Driver’s License or valid International Driver’s Permit
- Visa sponsorship may be possible
Keith Danis (General Manager)
Tel: +81 (0)136-21-7272